On Writing as a Ministry:
- Writing Tips by Francine Rivers
- Let’s Put the “C” Back in CBA: Refocusing on Ministry by Rachel Kent
- You. We Need You. “If God leads you to do it (whatever *it* is) then it’s with infinite purpose. For our good and His glory.” By Lara Williams, for Allume.com.
- Do You Feel Called to Write? “Often [God’s] primary purpose is not to make you an overnight success, but to draw you closer to himself, to heal you, refine you, redeem your life, and transform you into a unique reflection of himself.” By Alice Crider.
- Just Look at Me: Encouragement for the Highly Distractible Writer “I feel Him kneeling down when I get jealous about other writers’ accomplishments; when I spend too much time clicking and too little time praying; when my tendency to compare Facebook ‘likes’ and Twitter followers distracts me from the reasons I write.” By Dena Dyer.
- My Book Therapy has a wonderful collection of articles, from crafting dialogue and storyworld to building characters, and everything in between.
- Alicia Rasley’s Article Archives
- The Bookshelf Muse: interesting character trait/emotion thesaurus tools
- Scenes that Sizzle by Katie Ganshert- techniques for purposeful, captivating scenes.
- Using Flashback in Fiction: effective use, how to avoid traps of flashback overload/frontload, etc.
- How to Make Your Book Play Out Like a Movie by Jody Hedlund
- Three Big Takeaways from a MBT Storycrafters Retreat by Lindsay Harrel
- One Way to Create Conflict in Fictionby James Scott Bell
- Helping Characters use Non-Verbal Communicationby Sharon Dunn
- The Geyser 5-Step Approach
- 3 Tricks to Keep Your Eyes Fresh When Revising
- One Writer’s Editing Process
- Between the Lines: the blog of Books and Such Literary Agency
- Agent Rachelle Gardner’s blog
- The Steve Laube Agency’s blog
- 17 Simple Steps to Build a Fiction Platform
- Blogging as a Fiction Writer by Amanda Luedeke
- 5 Steps to Building a Platform When You Hate Selling Yourself – guest post by Robin Sullivan for Michael Hyatt. I LOVED this. It’s about participating, not selling. Giving, not taking. Offering, not hawking.
- Stealth Marketing
On Crafting Writing:
From Respected Agents:
On Building a Fiction Platform:
On Queries, Proposals, and the like:
The Writing Life: